Breakfast Pizza with Arugula
Breakfast Naan/Pizza with Arugula - Sharon Kobayashi
Naan* or whole wheat pita bread, low salt 4 each
Marinara sauce 1/4 cup
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated - (1 oz) 4 tbsp.
Eggs 4 each
Arugula, finely sliced - (about 1 oz) 1 cup
*Naan is an Indian flat bread. The Indialife brand seems to have less salt and fat that other forms of flat bread. Can be substituted with any low/no salt corn tortilla or flat bread
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°.
2. Spray each flat bread on one side with cooking spray.
3. Lay flat bread (spray side down) on baking sheet.
4. Top each with 1 tbsp. Marinara sauce, spread to thin layer.
5. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. cheese and crack an egg onto each flatbread.
6. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until egg is set.
7. Place each pizza on a plate. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup arugula.
8. Serve immediately.
For easy, fresh grated Parmesan, dice a small quantity at a time (3-4 oz) from the block. Pulse in
food processor until grated consistency. Keep in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition notes: This recipe uses a whole egg for each person, which raises the cholesterol level per serving in the nutrition label for this recipe. The DASH dietary approach is about balancing intake over a period of time. Unless you are under specific dietary restrictions, and as long as you reduce the cholesterol intake from other food during the same period, the DASH diet plan allows for eggs intake of no more than four per week.