Orange Panacotta with Fresh Papaya - Sharon Kobayashi
4 servings of ¼ cup each
Low fat milk 1 cup
Gelatin 1-1/2 tsp.
Reduced fat cream cheese 1 oz.
Honey 2 tbsp.
Orange juice concentrate 2 tbsp.
Vanilla 1 tsp.
Papayas, large, halved and seeded 2 pieces
Suggestion: Serve topped with orange slices and/or other seasonal fruit.
1. Bloom gelatin in 1/4 cup milk for 5 minutes. (soak gelatin in the milk)
2. Bring remaining milk to a boil.
3. Add dissolved gelatin to boiling milk, stirring.
4. Turn off heat, stir in cream cheese till melted.
5. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl.
6. Whisk in honey, orange juice and vanilla.
7. Pour 1/4 cup into each papaya. Refrigerate till set, about 2 hours.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest overnight.
Tip: Before filling, make sure papaya halves sit level, slicing the bottom to
create a flat surface if necessary.