Wild rice 4 oz. (about 3/4 cup)
Tomatoes, diced 2 each
Cucumber, Japanese, diced 1 each
Italian Parsley, minced (about 3 oz) 2 bunch
Mint, minced (about 1 1/2 oz) 1 bunch
Onion, minced 2 tbsp.
Green onion 2 stalks
Feta cheese 1/2 cup
Olive oil, extra virgin 2 tbsp.
Lemon, juice 2 tbsp. (about 1 lemon)
Lemon, zest 1 each
Salt 1/4 tsp.
Pepper to taste
1. Bring rice and about 4 cups water to a boil, reduce to medium. Cook 45 to 50 minutes.
2. Drain rice well and cool.
3. Combine all other ingredients. Add rice and let rest, refrigerated 1 hour before serving.
Suggest serving with 1 serving Edamame Imitiation Guacamole spread on 1 pita bread.
Edamame Imitation “Guacamole"
Shelled soybeans 1 lb.
Frozen spinach, thawed - (about 1/4 C) 2 oz.
Light cream cheese - (about 1/4 C) 2 oz.
Garlic 2 cloves
Sesame oil 1/2 tsp.
Cumin 1 tsp.
Salt 1/2 tsp.
Lemon juice 1 tbsp (or to taste)
Water 1/2 cup
Jalapeno, minced, seeds and veins removed 1 each
Cilantro, minced To taste
1. Boil soybeans till very tender.
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process till very smooth.
3. Add more water if mixture is too thick.
4. Store covered, in the refrigerator.
Suggestion: Serve as a sandwich with whole wheat pita bread, sliced cucumbers, tomato and baby arugula. You can also serve it as a dip alongside the wild rice tabouleh with pita wedges.